REF. 10081 - Villa
Halfway between the medieval city of Lucca and the beaches of Versilia, in a longitudinal position on a slope facing the Massaciuccoli plane, there is a huge and wonderful historical estate of over 12 hectares, including gardens, woods, vineyards and olive trees. The property is comprosed of a charming villa of the seventeenth century., 4 primary buildings, a consecrated church and various outbuildings.
The 17th century villa was built in the second half of the '600 by the Burlamacchi family and since then has been owned by various noble families of Lucca. With an internal area of about 1100 square meters and a park of 3500 square meters, it is one of the most beautiful and prestigious historic villas in the area.
The garden, designed by famous British architect Cecil Pinsent, is located in front of the main façade of the Villa. It features a central basin surrounded by mature trees, including magnolia, holm oak and cypress. The garden continues on the northeast side of the property with an Italian garden of roses, hawthorns and hydrangeas planted in geometric flowerbeds trimmed with bricks. This area has another central basin and a series of irrigation channels. Beginning further along the same northeast side is an orchard, a vegetable garden, and a citrus-fruit espalier. The central avenue, paved in terracotta, is trimmed by a hedge of rosemary and ends with a semicircular, pebbled exedra, a shell fountain and a mask. The described area is surrounded by a dense row of centenarian cypresses. Behind the Villa is an extraordinary natural water source. The owners of the estate hold sales rights for about 80 litres/second, and this resource has yet to be monetized. The Villa has a rectangular layout with windows and doors in pietra serena, a stone used in many local buildings. Interiors on the first floor feature a main foyer, a living area, and a study. An elegant spiral staircase in pietra serena leads to the second and third floors, where all bedrooms and bathrooms are located. Two beautiful terraces, one with sweeping views, are located on the upper floors.
In this context, in the property there are also 4 farmhouses for a total of 1300 square meters, 2 of which need to be completely renovated.
The Chapel is located only a few hundred meters away from the Villa and dominates the so-called Mount of Quiesa. It is a consecrated chapel surrounded by a sweet olive grove, and features impressive views from the Massaciuccoli plain to the sea. The building houses the remains of some members of the Morozzo della Rocca family.
BEST USES AFTER RENOVATION
12.69 HECTAR OF LAND, divided as follows: